Fujifilm X100S Review and Features
By Bill Kirk
The FujiFilm X100s is considered one of the best professional picture quality cameras that you can purchase today. It is considered a point and shoot camera for pros, as you can not remove the lens. Many experts and review sites have ranked the FujiFilm X100s as the best quality and value. It has also earned several "editors choice" awards and I agree 100%.
You can read all the reviews and research this product or you can save yourself some time and just click below and order it now.
We have a passion for reviewing and reporting about outstanding products that we use and recommend to others. Please help support our review process and research, we give 25% of our profits to charities to fight cancer, and feed hungry people all over the world, including the USA.
This Fujifilm X100s camera has improved autofocus speeds because it has built in phase detection. This fixes the complaints about the previous model X100 of being too slow to focus, also the X100s will acheive focus in nearly dark conditions. Manual focusing is easy and offers two different focus assist modes that help with manual focusing.
The quality of the pictures are fantastic and even very picky people rave about how wonderful the colors and detail of the pictures are.
This camera has a hybrid viewfinder that allows you to switch between electronic and optical viewing, and offers increased resolution over previous models. You should see a 20-25% improvement in resolution compared to previous Fijifilm models.
The X100s can capture video footage at 36Mbps.
- Powerful EXR Processor II image processor
- Great On-sensor phase detection autofocus
- Fujifilm engineered 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Novel color array filter to suppress color moiré, with no optical low-pass filters using enhanced kalmen filtering algorithms developed and proprietary to Fujifilm
- Duel Hybrid optical / electronic viewfinder with 2.35M dot LCD EVF
- Analog dials for shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation
- Fixed 23mm F2 lens (same as X100)
- manual focus system (more responsive focus ring, focus peaking and split-image displays)
- 2.8" 460k dot LCD
- On-screen 'Q' control panel and tabbed menu system
- Full HD 1080/60fps movie recording, 36Mbps bitrate
- Socket for electronic remote release/stereo microphone
- This is a highly reliable device that has a stable history and low maintenance costs